Northern Virginia Community College Board Meeting
March 10, 2008
AGENDA - DRAFT
4:00 -6:00 p.m.
- CALL TO ORDER
- Welcome to the Woodbridge Campus by Dr. Sam Hill
- CHAIR’S REPORT
- ACCT Legislative Summit Update
- Finalization of 2008-09 Board Calendar
- President’s Evaluation date: April 12 at 4:00 p.m. – Brault Building
- NOVA Idol: May 2 at 7-10:00 p.m. – Schlesinger Center
- May Board meeting date: May 5 at 4:00 p.m. – Brault Building
- Commencement: May 13 at 7:00 p.m., George Mason University
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT
- General Assembly Update
- SPECIAL REPORTS - Updates on a College Initiatives:
- Report on “Skills Keys2Compete” Program
- Woodbridge Campus Update- Dr. Sam Hill
- Strategic Plan Initiative Update - TBA
- CONSENT AGENDA/ADMINSTRATIVE ITEMS:
- Approval of the January 28, 2008 Minutes
RECOMMENDATION: Approval of the January 29, 2007, Northern Virginia Community College Minutes as presented.
- Project Status Report
RECOMMENDATION: The Northern Virginia Community College Board approves the Project Status Report as presented for record purposes.
- Loudoun Phase III Schematic Design
RECOMMENDATION: The Northern Virginia Community College Board has reviewed the Schematic plans for the Loudoun Phase III Project and approves them for forwarding to the State Board for Community Colleges for their approval.
- ACTION ITEMS
A. Recommendations for the Professor Emeritus Nominations
- OTHER BUSINESS