Studies confirm that Pathway students exceed both college and national benchmarks in all measured outcome areas:
- 85% of students in the program’s first four cohorts have transitioned from high school directly into post-secondary education. 90% of students in the program at NOVA are retained from the first to the second semester.
- 90% of students in the program at NOVA are retained from the first to the second semester.
- 81% of students at NOVA are retained from year to year.
- 73% of students are in good academic standing after one semester at NOVA.
- 98% of the students in the program earn transferable credit in their first year of college.
- 66% of deferral and stop-out students return to college within one year.
- The financial aid participation rate is more than double the NOVA average.
- The community college graduation rate is double that of the NOVA student population.
For more information on Pathway to the Baccalaureate’s program design, including additional information on student demographics and outcomes, please see our Fact Sheet and Program Design presentation.
Students in the program are served using a one-stop, case management system with ongoing tracking of participating students. Pathway students who go from high school directly to another college or university and those who successfully transfer prior to completing an associate’s degree are considered early, successful exits from Pathway and are not included in calculations of program retention data.
To view a report of Pathway outcomes using the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), please see the IPEDS Program Data report.