- Highlighting of program as a best practice in an April 2010 case study by the New America Foundation, Pathway to the Baccalaureate: How one community college is helping underprepared students succeed.
- Finalist for the 2010 VCCS Excellence in Education Award for Student Services, Virginia Community College System.
- Winner of the 2009 Virginia Excellence in Education Award for Community Colleges, Virginia Tech School of Education.
- Finalist for the 2009 Examples of Excelencia Award, Excelencia in Education Foundation.
The Pathway to the Baccalaureate Program has been showcased as an innovative program model by a number of national educational organizations including:
- The College Board
- The National College Access Network
- The National School Boards Association
- The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development
- The Educational Policy Institute
The Pathway model was also presented at the December 2007 Community College Symposium hosted by the Advisory Committee for Student Financial Assistance, a U.S. congressional advisory committee.