Faculty can view their Workload through Self-Service - Faculty Center in NOVAConnect. Workload represents the courses taught and the associated teaching credits for a designated Term (Semester). For Adjunct Faculty, workload represents the number of units for which they will be paid.
- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Blackboard, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
- Click on SIS Workload at the bottom of the screen.
The Term Workload screen displays.
The courses an instructor is teaching for a specific Term are listed under the Workload Assignment tab. In this example, the faculty is teaching one (1) course. If she/he was teaching multiple courses, all the courses will be listed.
NOTE: There are certain information on the Term Workload screen Faculty should be aware of.
- Ignore the status listed below the Term. It is the default and may not represent your actual faculty status. Also ignore the Assignment FTE%.
- The Assign Type is the description linked to the type of Workload being listed.
- Since classes are “rolled over” from previous Terms a year in advance, teaching assignments and Workload for future Terms are still being determined.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your Schedule or Term Workload, contact your Division Dean or Program Head.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Helpdesk, which is operational 24/7 including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141. Toll Free: 855.259.1019 (Outside No. Virginia)