- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Blackboard, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Self Service at the top of screen and then select Campus Personal Information from the drop-down menu.
The Campus Personal Information screen displays.
- Click on User Preferences.
The User Preferences screen displays.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Institution field and select Northern Virginia Community College from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Academic Career field and select one of the following:
- Quarter Credit.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the Term field and select a Term (Semester). The first three (3) numbers represent the year and the last number represents the term or semester.
For example, Term 2062 represents Spring 2006.
2062 = 2006 (year)
2062 = Spring semester
2063 = Summer semester
2064 = Fall semester
- Enter or select a default Aid Year, if applicable.
To select an Aid Year, click the magnifying glass and scroll down the page to see the list.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Helpdesk, which is operational 24/7 including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141. Toll Free: 855.259.1019 (Outside No. Virginia)