All Faculty will enter student grades through myNOVA. This document details the customization made to the delivered grade roster in SIS to accommodate the Faculty recommendation required for ENF1 and ENF2 courses when the grade of S is entered for a student.
Faculty will now be required to enter a recommendation for placement (ENG 111/ENF 3 or ENG 111) when a student receives the grade of 'S' in either ENF1 or ENF2. This is not required for ENF3 as a grade of 'S' here indicates the student is ready for ENG 112 or higher.
When recording a grades of R or U, you will be required to enter the last date that the student attended. You may use a placeholder date if you do not know the exact date when the student stopped attending:
- If the student stopped attending prior to the 60% date, but you do not know the exact date, enter 01/01/1900.
- If the student stopped attending after the 60% date, but you do not know the exact date, enter 12/31/9999.
- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Blackboard, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center screen displays.
- Click on My Schedule.
The My Schedule screen displays.
Your schedule for the designated term (e.g. 2014 Fall) displays. To change the semester that is displayed, click the Change Term button. The Select Term screen displays. Select the desired Term from the drop-down menu and click the Continue button.
- On the My Schedule screen, click the Grade Roster icon at the left of the class row.
The Grade Roster screen displays.
NOTE: Before entering students’ grades, check that the class term, prefix, number, section, class name, instructor, and dates, which appear at the top of the Grade Roster screen, are correct. Also, check below in the Display Options box, that the Grade Roster Type field is set to Final Grade and in the Grade Roster Action box, the Approval Status field is set to Not Reviewed.
- Click the down-arrow in the Roster Grade column next to each student’s name and select the student’s grade from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen when done.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Helpdesk, which is operational 24/7 including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141. Toll Free: 855.259.1019 (Outside No. Virginia)