- Open a browser and type in the URL to access the NVCC Homepage (https://www.nvcc.edu).
The NVCC Homepage displays.
- Click on the yellow myNOVA tab at the top right corner of the NVCC Homepage.
The Academic Tools screen displays.
- Click on the green myNOVA button on the Academic Tools screen to access the myNOVA Login Portal screen.
The myNOVA Login Portal screen displays.
- Enter your myNOVA log in Username and Password and then click on Sign In.
The myNOVA Main Menu displays.
NOTE: The options available to you on this menu such as Blackboard, Gmail, SIS, AIS (Finance), and HR will vary based on your security access.
- Click on SIS-Student Information System.
The SIS-Self Service screen displays.
- Click on Advisor Center.
The Advisor Center screen displays.
- Click on My Advisees.
The My Advisees screen displays.
Your Advisees will be displayed in a list on the next page.
- To view more detailed information on a particular advisee, click View Student Details on the right side of the advisee's row.
This will take you to the Advisee’s Student Center. You can view the student’s class schedule, enrollment shopping cart, the student planner and other academic information from the student record by clicking on the General Info, Transfer Credit, or Academics tabs or by using the drop down arrow under Academics/Other Academic.
- If you are advising a student who is not listed as your Advisee, click on View Data for Other Students.
The Advisee’s Student Center screen displays.
- Enter the Student's ID or last name and first name into the search boxes and then click Search.
Be sure to change begins with to '=' by clicking on the drop-down arrow. A list of the students who meet your search criteria will appear on the next page. Click the ID. This will take you to the Advisee’s Student Center.
The Advisee Student Center screen for the selected student displays with the student's name indicated. The information on this and subsequent screens are exactly what the student can see when she/he goes to her/his own Student Center.
NOTE: When you are finished, always remember to Sign Out to ensure the security and privacy of your account information.
For assistance or questions on these procedures, contact the IT Helpdesk, which is operational 24/7 including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Local Telephone: 703.426.4141. Toll Free: 855.259.1019 (Outside No. Virginia)