Welcome to NOVA!
Once you have registered and paid for courses, your official Student ID card can be issued. You must present a valid picture ID (example: driver's license, high school ID, etc.) and proof of registration before a NOVACard is issued. Your Student ID card will be valid college wide throughout your enrollment at NOVA. Student ID cards will be automatically reactivated each semester after you re-enroll in courses and pay the corresponding tuition and fees. Your NOVACard expires after two years; a new NOVACard will be issued at no charge as long as you are still enrolled at NOVA.
If you lost your NOVACard, it was stolen or damaged, you had a name change or you simply prefer a new photo, you can get a replacement card for $10 if you are a student or $15 if you are faculty/staff. Remember, only currently enrolled students and current employees may request a replacement NOVACard. Contact any Card office or email email@example.com for more information.
The NOVACard is a valuable tool that identifies you as a NOVA student and grants you access to a wide array of services including:
- Checking out books at campus libraries.
- Using it as ID in the bookstores to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Adding funds to it using cash or credit cards.
- Printing, coping or scanning in the libraries, labs and other FASTPrint locations.
- Using it for bookstore purchases.
- Making beverage and snack purchases at select Coca-Cola machines on all six campuses (look for the NOVACard signs).
- Using it for Café purchases at select campus locations.
- Accessing the parking garages at the Annandale Campus and the Medical Education Campus with a valid parking permit.
- Accessing the building at the Reston Center.
- Accessing the Alexandria and Annandale Campus Fitness Centers.
- Faculty and Staff can use it to access various buildings on campuses.
We recommend that you carry your NOVACard with you at all times on campus. NOVACards are the property of the College and should be presented or surrendered to college staff upon request. The purpose of the card is to ensure proper identification for access to college facilities, resources, events and activities. When you have money on your NOVACard, you don't need to worry about carrying cash.