NOVACard has Mobile Readers for Rent!
NOVACard mobile card readers are available for rent to allow organizations faculty and staff to accept NOVACard as a payment option, and track attendance to events or classes in an effort to collect valuable assessment data on student participation.
*Card Reader Rentals are available to NOVA Organizations, NOVA Staff and NOVA Faculty. Rentals are not allowed for any non-NOVA affiliated organizations.
Rentals are $10 per event.
Receive reports after each event and if using for payment option, funds will be transferred to the department code provided and a report will be generated and sent to the location indicated on the rental form.
Student organizations and NOVA faculty and staff may reserve NOVACard readers by filling out and submitting the NOVACard Equipment Reservation form. Make sure you reserve at least two days before your event.
All mobile readers for rent are on a first come first serve basis so make sure to reserve early.
How do I reserve a reader?
- Complete the NOVACard Equipment Reservation Form and email it to email@example.com as early as possible but at least 3 business days before the event. (Please provide budget codes (Fund, Department, Campus, Account) and designate if your department is local or state on the Funds Transfer Account # line on the mobile reader rental form. This will be used to transfer any Funds due if the mobile reader was used for purchases.)
- Submit a check request for the $10 rental fee. The $10 per event per reader rental fee can only be accepted using a check request form.
- NOVACard will email acceptance of the form with pickup information. (campus card office where event will be held)
- Pick up your card reader from the campus card office (Check request forms must be presented at time of or before pickup of the mobile reader. Within this check request, you will need to include their budget codes to charge the expense against and have the check payable to NOVACard.)
- After your event drop off the mobile reader at least 24 hours after the event to the same card office where the mobile reader was picked up. Drop off can be 10am the following Monday if event falls on a Friday or weekend.