Faculty and Staff
To request access to a door, you must complete the 105-156 form, located in "Forms for Faculty and Staff" under the category "Other."
- You can only request access to one door per form unless you need access to all doors on a campus, in which case you can select "Campus Master."
- You will need to know the card reader code on the door you are requesting. The code is located on the top of the card reader. You only need the first four or five numbers.
- All forms go through an approval process.
- Forms are approved as follows:
- Requestor's Supervisor
- Dean (if applicable)
- Director of Campus Operations of campus where the door is located.
- Additional approval required if the request is for after hours access (police approval required).
- Central NOVACard will receive notification after all required approvals are given and will grant access accordingly.
Some students will require access to practice rooms and or classrooms that have readers or Room Reservations.
- The Dean or Assistant Dean (music, arts, Ceramics, etc.) should email the list of students to NOVACard office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The list must include the student id, the room # and card reader code # on the wall next to the door access.
- Deans/Asst. Deans will also need to send NOVACard an updated student list after the drop/add period of each semester. Any student not on the final list will have the access deleted.
- Each students on the list will be given access to the requested studios/classrooms, for only the duration of the requested semester.
- At the end of each semester all access for students will be removed
- At the start of each semester a new list of students should be provided to NOVACard.
- Any students on the list(s) that does not have a proximity card (HID iclass card – noted on the back lower left corner of the NOVACard) will need to go to the NOVACard office, bring their current NOVACard to be exchanged for the new Proximity card at no additional cost. Any student that does not have their current NOVACard will be charged a lost card fee of $10 if this is their first proximity card. Students that are getting a NOVACard for the first time will not be charged any fees.
- Students should be made aware that the proximity card replacement fee is $15.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 703.764.7759.
NOVACard, Facilities Management and the Police Department do not determine access rights.
How to Use an Access Card
HID Proximity/Magstripe Readers
If a door shows a red light, the door is locked.
Single swiping/tapping at a locked door, for which you have access, will temporarily unlock the door. The light will turn green for approximately eight seconds and then return to red.
Double swiping/tapping (within about eight seconds) at a locked door, if you have permission to unlock the door, will keep the door unlocked. The light will turn green and remain green. The door will remain unlocked until a schedule relocks the door, or someone with unlock permission swipes/taps his or her card.
If a door shows a green light, the door is unlocked.
Single swiping/tapping at an unlocked door will cause the door to lock if you have permission to unlock the door. The light will return to red.
AD-300 Classroom Readers
Single tapping at a locked door, for which you have access, will temporarily unlock the door. The front light will flash green. Approximately eight seconds later, the front light will flash red and the door will relock.
Double tapping (within about eight seconds) at a locked door, if you have permission to unlock the door, will keep the door unlocked. The front light will turn green and remain green. The door will remain unlocked until a schedule relocks the door, or someone taps his or her card.
If a door shows a green front light, the door is unlocked.
Single tapping at an unlocked door will cause the door to lock if you have permission to unlock the door. The front light will return to red.
The Internal Push Button should only be used in emergency situations. Pressing the Internal Push Button will disable the reader and lock the door. The Internal Push Button will flash red approximately every 20 - 30 seconds. Only someone with an Emergency Override card may utilize the reader. Turning the inside handle, or pressing the Internal Push Button again will re-enable the reader.
Room Reservation allows students to reserve and access special purpose rooms using NOVA’s college card access system.
Each room is equipped with mounted kiosk and card reader
When the room is not in use the kiosk will show Available and when the room is in use the kiosk will show In Use
To Reserve a room
- Tap the reader below/aside the iPad kiosk with your card
- New Reservation box opens on the iPad kiosk
- Give reservation a name
- Make sure you are booking the correct room
- Choose date and start time
- Choose time length of reservation
- Invite others and allow them to access the room (optional)
- Edit reservation preferences (optional) Expands the New Reservation boxYou can have your confirmation sent to your email or texted to your phone (Text does not work with T-Mobile devices)
- You can have a reminder sent to your email or texted to your phone (Text does not work with T-Mobile devices) minutes before the end of your reservation.
- Confirm the reservation
To enter the room
Your reservation will expire within xxx minutes after your reservation time if the door is not opened.
At the time of the reservation:
- Tap the door reader with your card
- Door to room should unlock, allowing you to access the room
- Other you have invited may also have access to the room
- At the completion of your reservation, your card will no longer allow access to the room
** If you finish with the room before your reservation ends remember to release your reservation using the Kiosk.**