- Northern Virginia Community College will hold its 47th Commencement on Sunday, May 19.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ángel Cabrera, President, George Mason University
- Honorary Degree Recipient: Bobbie Kilberg, President and CEO, Northern Virginia Technology Council
- More than 7,200 degrees and certificates are expected to be awarded.
- 1 p.m.: Graduates line up for the procession in Parking Lot A on the south side of the Patriot Center. In case of rain, graduates will meet in the Patriot Center’s lower level entrance.
- 2 p.m.: Ceremony begins.
- Patriot Center at George Mason University
- Media representatives with proper identification are welcome in the procession assembly area and on the Patriot Center floor to take photos and talk with graduates.
Online and TV
- The live ceremony will be presented online at www.nvcc.edu/tvcenter and broadcast on the television stations listed in the Commencement brochure.
Media Contact: Jessica Baxter | 703-323-3288 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Virginia Community College is the largest institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of America's largest community colleges. NOVA enrolls more than 75,000 students at its six campuses in Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Manassas, Springfield and Woodbridge, and through the Extended Learning Institute. For more information about NOVA and its programs or services, call 703-323-3000 or visit the College's Web site, www.nvcc.edu.