Northern Virginia Community College’s Commencement May 12 at 2 p.m.
May 9, 2012 9:00 AM
- Northern Virginia Community College will hold its 46th Commencement on Saturday, May 12 at 2 p.m.
- This is NOVA’s largest graduating class with more than 7,700 degrees and certificates expected to be awarded.
- NOVA alumnus Dan Nechita will deliver the keynote address. Nechita was the first NOVA student to receive the prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship (in 2006). He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. at George Washington University. He is CEO of the League of Romanian Students Abroad and co-founder and CEO of the Romanian think tank Center for Accessing the Expertise of Students and Alumni from Romania (CAESAR).
- Chairman Scott K. York, Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, will receive an honorary degree.
- 1 p.m.: Graduates line up for the procession in Parking Lot A on the south side of the Patriot Center. In case of rain, graduates will meet in the Patriot Center’s lower level entrance.
- 2 p.m.: The ceremony begins.
- Patriot Center at George Mason University
- Media representatives with proper identification are welcome in the procession assembly area and on the Patriot Center floor to take photos and talk with graduates.