Northern Virginia Community College’s Commencement May 16 at 2 p.m.
May 12, 2010 11:00 AM
- Northern Virginia Community College will hold its 44th Commencement on Sunday, May 16 at 2 p.m.
- More than 3,400 students are graduating this year.
- Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson will deliver the keynote address. Robinson is a community college graduate.
- Virginia Supreme Court Justice LeRoy F. Millette Jr. will be awarded an honorary associate degree in humane letters for his years of service to the Commonwealth of Virginia and Northern Virginia Community College. Millette has been an instructor at NOVA’s Woodbridge Campus for 34 years.
- Dr. Anthony Tardd will receive the College Board Leadership Award. Tardd retired in December 2009 after more than 35 years of service to Northern Virginia Community College. For the last 10 years of his career, Tardd was the provost at NOVA’s Loudoun Campus.
- 1 p.m.: Graduates will line up for the academic procession in Parking Lot A on the south side of the Patriot Center. In case of rain, graduates will meet in the Patriot Center’s lower level entrance.
- 2 p.m.: Ceremony begins.
- Patriot Center at George Mason University.
- Media representatives with proper identification are welcome on the Patriot Center floor.