The Academic Success Tutoring Center will help you find your way face-to-face and online!
For face-to-face tutoring held on campus in room 106:
Tutoring services are available by appointment and walk-ins (limited) for students. Please schedule an appointment by clicking on the following:
- Make an appointment now! (NEW system!! You must register for an account the first time you use it.) Only available services are viewable.
- Need to cancel your appointment (24-48 hours notice required)? Do so through your online appointment account or call the center at 703-822-6569. Note: If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, all future appointments will be canceled, so that other students who will use the service can do so.
For online (on a PC) tutoring provided by Smarthinking.com (MEC students only & different from ELI Smarthinking login). Your username is your NOVA email address and your password is your NOVA student ID #.
- You can access your account by clicking LOGIN. You can get help in the following areas - list of Nursing and Allied Health Subjects. Click HERE to see how it works!
- Faculty Guidelines for tutoring services.
We provide face-to-face assistance in the following subjects:
- Dosage calculations
- Allied Health (Coding, Medical Laboratory, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapy)
- General Pharmacology
- Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Health Science, Chemistry, Math (Pre-calculus through Calculus), MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Adobe
- Writing Assistance
Please be advised we do NOT provide tutoring for placement or pre-admission exams. Please refer to the 'How do I...?' link below for resources to self-prepare for these types of tests. You can also receive information about these tests by clicking on the link 'Request information'. You must use your .vccs.edu login to gain access.