The Academic Success Tutoring Center will help you find your way face-to-face and online!
→ For face-to-face tutoring held on campus in room 106:
Tutoring services are available by appointment and walk-ins (limited) for students. Click the following:
- Please schedule an appointment by clicking on the following:
Make an appointment now! Only available services are viewable. Available appointments can ONLY be seen/scheduled 14 days in advance.
- Need to cancel your appointment (48 hours notice required)? Do so through your appointment confirmation email or call the center at 703-822-6569. Note: If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, all future appointments will be canceled, so that other students who will use the service can do so.
→ For online (on a PC) tutoring provided by Smarthinking.com (MEC students only & different from ELI Smarthinking login). Your username is your NOVA email address and your password is your NOVA student ID #.
- You can access your account by clicking, LOGIN. You can get help in the following areas~ list of Nursing and Allied Health Subjects. Click HERE to see how it works!
- Faculty Guidelines for tutoring services
We provide face-to-face assistance in the following subjects:
- Dosage calculations
- Allied Health (Coding, Medical Laboratory, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapy)
- General Pharmacology
- Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Health Science, Chemistry, Math (Pre-calculus through Calculus, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Adobe
- Writing Assistance
Please be advised we do NOT provide tutoring for placement or pre-admission exams. Please refer to the 'How do I...?' link below for resources to self-prepare for these types of tests. You can also receive information about these tests by clicking on the link 'Request information'. You must use your .vccs.edu login to gain access.
- Request information for: TEAS test, Previously recorded online TEAS review session, and Learning Express Library instructions (excellent resource for TEAS test preparation, placement test preparation, NCLEX test preparation, and much more!)
- How Do I...? Links & more (test preparation and other useful information)
- StudentLingo (a series of interactive on-demand workshops, action plans, and valuable resources focused on helping students achieve their academic, personal, and career goals.)
- Policies and Procedures
- Click here for Testing information.
If you wish to comment or have any questions regarding our services, please send us an email at FEEDBACK. We will make sure we respond in a timely manner.