Network and Computer Support
The networking and computer support is just one portion of the Technical Support Services Manassas.
The Manassas campus environment is composed of over 1000 networked computers. Most of the computers on campus were manufactured by Dell.
- CPU speeds range from an Intel@ Core™ . Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHZ to the Intel i5 Quad Core
- Serves 25+ student labs as well as all faculty and staff on campus.
- Local Area Network (LAN) in a 100Mbps switched Ethernet network environment to include five buildings connected by fiber optics.
- Service and maintain 20 servers.
- Voice Over IP Telephone System and Voice Mail.
- Over 600 pieces of audiovisual equipment.
- Video Conference System (Polycom).
- Satellite dish and downlink equipment.
TSS provides technical and instructional support in the area of communications, web class integration, multimedia applications, and media production to about 110 full-time faculty, 150 adjuncts, 75 staff and 3600 registered students per semester. The Technical Support Services are located on the second floor of Howsmon Hall room 222 and fist floor of Parris Hall room 120