Open Computer Lab Policies
- Food or drinks are not permitted in any of the computer labs.
- MP120 is the only lab open for nonclass use.
- Academic work takes priority over nonacademic use of lab computers. When using the lab for nonacademic purposes, such as surfing the Web, playing games or personal email, you may be asked to give up the workstation to a student needing to do academic work.
- Show consideration of your fellow student by leaving the computers ready for the next user. This means you should close all applications. For example, if you have a Word document open, close the file properly, then close Word. If you leave your email open, it is vulnerable to sabotage and identity theft.
- You should always leave the display showing the Windows desktop
- Keep voices down so others can concentrate.
- If you have any problems, questions or need help, see one of the lab assistants in MP106.