Refer to the Testing Center Handout for an overview of important information you need to know before you come to take a test. Exams are given on a walk-in basis. No appointments given or required.
We provide a wide range of testing and proctoring services. The staff makes every effort to have tests available for students at all times. However, sometimes emergencies occur like power, server outages or weather problems that close the College without warning. Be prepared and do not wait until the last minute to take a test. Leave enough time to do well and give us enough time to serve you.
Special hours may be posted for holidays, semester breaks and summer sessions. Check the Testing Center Hours, as they often change.
Some tests have minimum time requirements. You will not be allowed to begin a test if you do not arrive in sufficient time before the office closes. Please check the sample test/instructions for time limits.
Photo ID and your Student ID number are mandatory. Acceptable forms of ID include: driver's license, student ID card, passport, greencard, etc. All ELI exams require the exam pass found in Blackboard which includes the Course, instructor’s name, form number and your name and student 7 digit NOVA ID number filled in.
The following items are not allowed in the testing rooms:
Food, drinks, purses, bookbags, cell phones, pagers, personal computers and PDAs.
These items may only be used with specific authorization:
Web resources, internet, translators, books, notes, calculators and software.
- Children cannot be accommodated in the Testing Center.
- All test takers are electronically monitored while testing.
- Documentation of cheating will be submitted to the instructor and dean of students.
Testing Center Cut-Off Times
Students must be signed in and seated by the cut-off time. Please arrive early to avoid long lines.
|Test||Test Must Begin||Testing Ends|
English or Math Placement Test
|2 hours prior to closing||15 minutes prior to closing|
|English as Second Language (ESL) Placement Test /ACCUPLACER||2 hours prior to closing||15 minutes prior to closing|
|*Extended Learning Institute (ELI) Test and Other Tests||1 hour prior to closing||15 minutes prior to closing|
*Note: Most ELI Tests take longer than 45 minutes to complete. Please allow yourself enough time to wait in line, be signed prior to testing and be finished 15 minutes before the posted closing time.
- All tests require a current photo ID and a Student ID. ELI exams require an exam pass.
- All ELI exams, Blackboard exams, and faculty makeup exams must be started at least 60 minutes prior to closing. There are no exceptions. ESL placement tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing.
- Math and English placement exams must be started at least two hours prior to closing.
- All exams are collected 15 minutes prior to closing.
*NOTE: If you are already enrolled in a course that has an ABLE exam option, and you pass the exam, it is your responsibility to drop the course prior to the Census Date if you wish to qualify for a refund.