- Jeff Dawley
- Eva Stern
- Marsil Zook
Jeff Dawley (GIS 101) is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at NOVA, where he teaches GIS.
Mr. Dawley has 7 years of GIS experience currently working as a Defense Account Manager with Esri. Areas of interest include geospatial technology within National Security, Natural Resources, Logistics, and Health. Mr. Dawley currently sits as the President of the Alumni Board of Directors for the College of Natural Resources and Environment at Virginia Tech. Outside of work, Mr. Dawley enjoys to travel, camp, and watch Hokie football. He also volunteers with Wreath AcrossAmerica at Arlington National Cemetery.
- BA (Geospatial and Environmental Analysis) Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Graduate Certificate (Geographic Information Systems) George Mason University
- MS (Geographic and Cartographic Sciences) George Mason University
Eva Stern (GIS 195, GIS 200) is an adjunct associate professor at NOVA, where she teaches GIS.
Ms. Stern brings over 14 years experience in GIS, including training and project management experience in addition to working in corporate, government, retail, and academic settings.Ms. Stern is a certified GIS Professional (GISP) and has extensive experience with the ESRI ArcGIS suite, as well as with other geo-related technologies. Ms. Stern also has experience with remote sensing, aerial photography, global positioning systems and web mapping technologies.
Currently, Ms. Stern is employed as a Information Technology Specialist/GIS Analyst and Trainer with the District of Columbia.
- BA Geography, Macalester College
- Master’s of Public Administration, Intergovernmental Relations, Arizona State University
Marsil Zook (GIS 200) is an adjunct associate professor at NOVA, where she teaches GIS.
Ms. Zook has had extensive training in database and GIS software. She developed, implemented and administered databases for more than 10 years for county governments, corporations, and a university. In the last 4 years, Ms. Zook has worked as a GIS Database Administrator for Loudoun County Government managing all aspects of the GIS database for the county including security, new technology, user policies and procedures and recommendations for improvements.
- BS (Chemistry) Ain Shams University, Faculty of Science, Cairo, Egypt
- MS (Management Systems Analysis) Kean University
- Certificate (Geographic Information Systems) Penn State University
- MSc (Geographic Information Systems) University of Leeds