Course Reserves - Libraries
Faculty Members: To place items on reserve, please complete the Course Reserve Form.
About Course Reserves:
Some instructors place textbooks and other materials on reserve for students to use in the library. These items are located at the library’s Circulation (Checkout) Desk. Students need their NOVA ID to check reserve items out. Most reserve items are for IN LIBRARY USE ONLY. Some items are available for short-term lending (1, 3 and 7 days).
Why isn’t my textbook available on reserve?
The library does not have textbooks for all NOVA classes. Reserve items are supplied or donated by instructors and academic departments. If your textbook is not currently offered, please talk with your instructor. Please note that textbooks are often unique to each campus. This means that Alexandria textbooks would not be available at Annandale or Loudoun Campus Libraries.
Loan Policy and Fines:
- A NOVA ID card is required to borrow any course reserve item(s).
- Course reserves cannot be renewed.
- There is a $2 per hour/ day fine for overdue reserve items (as applies). Please check with your campus library to determine if there is a time restriction on In Library Use Only items.
How to Find Out if Your Textbook Is Available on Reserve:
- Open the Library Catalog.
- Click on Course Reserves (near top of screen in blue area)
- Click on Northern Virginia CC (on the bottom left).
- Type your corresponding campus name: Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Manassas, Medical, Reston, or Woodbridge and the book title (you can also try searching the campus and the course name or course code) and click Go.
- Click on the title of the item to view the record for more information.
- To check loan type and availability (most Reserves are In Library Use Only) click on All items.
Example: This textbook is ‘In Library Use’ and is currently on the shelf and available for checkout.
Ask a Librarian
Information Desk: 703.845.6456
Circulation Desk: 703.845.6231
Bisdorf Building (AA), Room 232
3001 N. Beauregard St
Alexandria, VA 22311
Information Desk: 703.323.3410
Circulation Desk: 703.323.3128
Godwin Building (CG), 3rd Floor
8333 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
8000 Forbes Place
Springfield, Virginia 22151-2294
Information Desk: 703.450.2661
Circulation Desk: 703.450.2567
Learning Commons (LC), Room 202
1000 Harry Flood Byrd Highway
Sterling, VA 20164
Colgan Hall (MC), Room 129
6901 Sudley Rd
Manassas, VA 20109
6699 Springfield Center Dr, Room 341
Springfield, VA 22150