Borrow, Renew and Request - Libraries
Your NOVACard is also your library card and is required to check out materials.
Residents of the community may obtain a Community Patron card for limited borrowing privileges. Please contact your local campus library for details.
Loan Periods: The standard loan period is three weeks for books and one week for DVDs. Some items have restricted loan periods. Please see your campus library for more information.
Intercampus Loan: Many library materials can be sent from one campus to another. Click on the Request tab for instructions on how to request an item from another campus.
Interlibrary Loan: Student requests for Interlibrary Loan are at campus discretion. Please contact your campus’s Interlibrary Loan Specialist for more information.
You can renew items before they are overdue as long as they have not been requested by someone else. You can renew items at your local campus library or online by following the instructions below.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on Sign In (top right) and sign in using your MyNOVA (Blackboard) username and password. Once signed in you should see a list of Your Active Loans.
- You can click the checkbox next to the items(s) that you want to renew and press Renew Selected, or you can click Renew All to renew all items.
NOVA Libraries offers Intercampus Loan. Items can be requested by following the instructions below. It usually takes two to four business days for item(s) to arrive at the requested campus.
- Find the item you want in the Library Catalog.
- Click on Request this item.
Note: If you aren’t already signed in, you will need to sign in using your MyNOVA (Blackboard) username and password.
- Next Select the Pickup location from the dropdown menu and click Hold. An “Accent Succeeded” message will appear to notify you that your request has been processed.
- You will receive an email to your MyNOVA VCCS email account when the item is available for pick-up. It usually takes two to four business days for item(s) to arrive at the requested campus.
As a NOVA student you have borrowing privileges at GMU’s libraries. To check items out you must have a valid NOVACard and a copy of your registration for the current semester. For more information, find NVCC listed under Borrowing Privileges on the GMU Circulation page.
Visit the GMU Library website to search for titles.
Ask a Librarian
Hours, Location, Staff
Information Desk: 703.845.6456
Circulation Desk: 703.845.6231
Bisdorf Building (AA), Room 232
5000 Dawes Ave
Alexandria, VA 22311
Information Desk: 703.323.3410
Circulation Desk: 703.323.3128
Godwin Building (CG), 3rd Floor
8333 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
3922 Pender Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Information Desk: 703.450.2661
Circulation Desk: 703.450.2567
Learning Commons (LC), Room 202
21200 Campus Drive
Sterling, VA 20164–8699
Colgan Hall (MC), Room 129
6901 Sudley Rd
Manassas, VA 20109
6699 Springfield Center Dr, Room 341
Springfield, VA 22150