Windows Vista Wireless
The NOVA wireless network uses the 802.1x Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) for secure wireless access. The 802.1x EAP protocol provides added security over standard Wired Equivalency Protocol (WEP) by using dynamic WEP keys, that change periodically without user interaction.
1. Click on the Start menu, choose Control Panel (shown in classic view) then Network and Sharing Center.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center window, double click on Set up a connection or network
3. When the Choose connection windows appears select Manually connect to a wireless network and select next.
4. On the Wireless properties window, enter the following information:
Network name (SSID): For NOVA faculty and staff enter NOVAEmployees. (The SSID is case sensitive).
Security Type : 802.1x
Make sure the Start this connection and Connect even if the network is not broadcasting boxes are checked.
5. Double Click on the Change connections settings button.
6. The NOVAEmployees Wireless Network properties page will appear.
Make sure ALL three boxes are checked
7. Click on the Security Tab
8. Make sure the Cache user information box is checked and then click on the settings button.
9. On the Protected EAP Properties page uncheck Validate server and click on Configure
10. Uncheck the automatically use my Windows logon box and click on OK.
11. Click OK again
12. Click OK a third time
13. Double click on Connect TO
14. Enter your User Name and Information