What We Do
From the NOVA Studio and the Elections Watch to Internships and conferences, IPS is committed to serving the College, our students and the community. We focus on providing the absolute best opportunities for continued growth, engagement and success.
The NOVA Institute for Public Service (IPS) is dedicated to applying the resources of the College to provide opportunities for learning and public service that contribute to the growth of civic awareness and engagement within our community and the greater Washington, D.C., area.
IPS serves the following strategic goals of the College:
- IPS promotes student success by providing an environment of world-class teaching and learning.
- IPS strives for excellence by 1) providing NOVA’s students with a clear set of challenging educational experiences that stretches their intellectual abilities and invites them to set academic and personal development goals on par with America’s best college students, and 2) defining the campus’ distinctiveness and contributing to the College’s reputation for quality education.
- IPS develops strategic partnerships with government agencies, institutions of higher education within the US and abroad, non-profit organizations, community-based organizations and local high schools to create gateways of opportunity for NOVA students and the community.
- IPS serves as a catalyst in intersecting NOVA’s intellectual and educational resources with critical issues facing Northern Virginia and the nation to cause the College to be seen regionally and nationally as a leader.
- IPS expands the College’s funding resources, specifically by maximizing the opportunities afforded by NOVA’s proximity to Washington, D.C., and undertaking strategies to receive increased federal appropriations.