NOVA seeks to engage with foreign and domestic institutions that have an interest in international exchange and programming. Partnerships are focused on developing programs that offer our students, faculty and/or staff a variety of international experiences through academic, cultural and professional development opportunities.
- National Council for the Federal Network of Vocational, Scientific and Technological Education Institutions (Brasilia, Brazil)
- Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Acre (Acre, Brazil)
- Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Goias (Goiania, Brazil)
- Dundee and Angus College (Dundee, Scotland)
- Film Academy of Miroslav Ondříček (Písek, Czech Republic)
- Community College Consortium
- Alamo Colleges – Texas
- Bunker Hill Community College - Massachusetts
- City College of San Francisco - California
- College of DuPage - Illinois
- Green River College - Washington
- Houston Community College - Texas
- Kirkwood Community College - Iowa
- Maricopa Community College System - Arizona
- Miami Dade College - Florida
- Northampton Community College - Pennsylvania
- Pitt Community College - North Carolina
- Shoreline Community College - Washington
- Valencia College - Florida
- Study Virginia
- Community Colleges for International Development (CCID)
- Forum for Education Abroad
- IIE Generation Study Abroad
NOVA works with representative organizations in select markets to assist students in the application process from overseas. If you are interested in working with us as a representative send an email to NOVAgents@nvcc.edu for more information.
Current NOVA International Agents
- Jiangsu Golden Sunshine Overseas Affairs Service Center Company (Jiangsu, China)
- CEE Education International (Hebei, China)
- Beijing Shunyuan International Investment Consulting (Beijing, China)
- Chengdu HangMei Education Consulting (Sichuan, China)
- Nanping City Jinayang Region Anyong Education Consulting (Fujian, China)
- Wisdom Heart Education (Guangzhou, China)
- Xianglindao Education Consulting (Jiangsu, China)
- Asia Europe Co., Ltd. (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- New Generation Co., Ltd. (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- Capstone Vietnam Co., Ltd. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Pacific Ocean Company (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- Vietnam Centre Point Education & Media (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- ITEBS (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Boston Akademi (Istanbul, Turkey)
- International Exchange Student Services (Vienna, VA)
- AIFS (Bonn, Germany)
- Eduzon (Crystal City, VA)
Ways to Host International Faculty at NOVA
Assists U.S. higher education institutions in expanding programs of academic exchange, by supporting non-U.S. scholars through grants for teaching at institutions that might not have a strong international component and/or serve minority audiences. Both the U.S. institution and the scholar grantee benefit from this experience.
Grants for scholars from other countries to conduct research, lecture or pursue combined lecturing and research in the U.S. Scholars must have a host affiliation in the U.S.
Funding for U.S. institutions to host Fulbright Visiting Scholars, already in the United States, for short-term speaking engagements. Outreach Lecturing Fund seeks to build relationships with institutions that are currently underrepresented within the Fulbright Program as a means to promote future opportunities.
NOVA may directly sponsor a professor/professional who is currently based overseas to come to NOVA for an individual lecture, short- or long-term teaching contracts through a J1 scholar visa. Funding needs to be secured in advance.