Hybrid Instruction Certification Program
To teach a hybrid course at the college, you are required to be hybrid certified. Two hybrid certification workshops will be offered this summer. The hybrid certification workshop is three weeks in length and is conducted online in Blackboard. It is entirely online and asynchronous. There are no live meetings to attend, virtually or in-person. Simply complete the assignments at your convenience, so long as you meet course/assignment deadlines.
Registration is now open via NOVA Academy, and closes at noon on the Friday before the workshop start date. To register, log in to NOVA Academy.
- In the Learning Center drop-down menu.
- Go to Course Catalog.
- Type “hybrid” in the search field.
- Click Search.
- Select NOVA-ELI: Hybrid Training Workshop.
- Click on the section in which you’d like to enroll.
See HR’s professional development page on the NOVA web site for NOVA Academy login directions and a user guide.
Please note that Blackboard proficiency is a prerequisite for taking the hybrid certification training. If you have not established your proficiency yet, you will need to complete the Blackboard Basics workshop before you can take the hybrid certification training. The summer workshops are scheduled so that you can complete both Blackboard Basics and Hybrid Certification this summer to prepare you for fall.
If you started your hybrid certification using the old training but have not yet been fully certified, you have two options for completion.
- If you need only to submit your course for review and wish to still do so to complete the process, please submit it to Reza Karimi (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will be happy to review your course.
- If you missed completing some of the training assignments in the old training, and/or simply wish to start fresh, you may simply enroll in the new workshop to earn your certification.
If you have questions or trouble registering, please contact Reza Karimi (email@example.com).