Green Festival 2017
Date: April 25, 2017
Time: 9:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Annandale Campus - CE Gym and Theater
The festival is FREE, open to the public and will include:
- A screening of the film A Plastic Ocean.
- A keynote presentation by accomplished water scientist Sandra Postel of National Geographic.
- Informational booths of local, regional and national environmental organizations.
- Giveaways and lunch for the first 200 attendees pre-registered by March 31.
- A drawing to win a kayak.
To guarantee your ticket for lunch and a Festival takeaway, please register by March 31, 2017!
- Info Tables
Time Event Location 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Attendee Check-In / Vendor Fair Set-Up CE Atrium 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Keynote Speaker / Q & A
Sandra Postel, National Geographic
CE Theater 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Open Job Fair / Information Tables CE Gym 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Panel Discussion CE Theater 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Lunch Cafe Lunch Gym 12:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Movie - Plastic Ocean CE Theater 1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Panel Discussion CE Theater
- Design Your Own Bag
- The Scrap Exchange
- Full Belly Project (plastic bag collection)
- Friends of Accotink Creek
- Leesylvania State Park
- Fairfax County Farmers Markets
- NVCC Recreation and Parks Society (RPK)
- NVCC Sustainability
- Alice Ferguson Foundation
- Leaders in Green Energy
- CSI, Inc.
- Plant NOVA Natives
- Clean Fairfax