Other Professional Development Opportunities
NOVA’s Educational Foundation: Faculty Grants
- The NVCC Educational Foundation was established to provide additional financial support for the College's students, faculty and programs. Created in October 1979 as a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable foundation, it strives to obtain resources from private individuals, businesses and other foundations to enhance the College's mission.
VaCIE-VCCS International Exchange Program
- An international faculty exchange between the Virginia community colleges and comparable institutions of higher education throughout the world. Its purposes are to foster the exchange of information about the best practices in higher education, to sharpen the global perspectives of the participants, and to promote lasting international friendships and partnerships. Currently, the Exchange coordinates partnerships with the further education systems of the Netherlands and with Sunyani Polytechnic in Sunyani, Ghana.
CIEE’s International Faculty Development Seminars (IFDS)
- In-depth encounters with people, places and issues that shape our world. Expect one to two intensive weeks of lectures by local faculty and experts from prestigious institutions, site visits that illuminate ideas explored in lectures, and opportunities to contribute to lively discussions with international colleagues.
US Institute of Peace: Grants and Fellowships
- The independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict without resorting to violence. USIP works to save lives, increase the government's ability to deal with conflicts before they escalate, reduce government costs and enhance our national security.
East-West Center: Scholarships and Fellowships
- Offers a wide variety of both short- and long-term programs for individuals. Academic scholarships and fellowships and educational exchange and professional development programs are available.
Intercultural Communications Summer Institute (SIIC)
- Offers professional development opportunities for people working in education, training, business and consulting, in both international and domestic intercultural contexts. One of the premier gatherings of professionals in the field of intercultural communication, SIIC presents a unique opportunity to explore the field and network with others in a stimulating and supportive environment.