If you are a new student at NOVA, you will need to take the English and math placement tests before you begin classes. The results of these tests will help you and NOVA determine the courses you will take. Tests are given at all six campus Testing Centers.
- Students must have completed a NOVA college application for the credit program prior to taking placement tests.
- You must bring a current Photo ID and know your NOVA Student ID number to take a placement test.
- Examples: Driver’s license, military ID, passport, personal identification card from DMV, NOVACard Photo ID or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- Use NOVAConnect to find your Student ID number and bring this number with you to the Testing Center.
- VPT English and VPT Math are untimed. If you need academic accommodations for a placement test at NOVA, visit our Disabilities Services website and follow the instructions for requesting accommodations prior to taking your placement test. Please note, it may take up to three weeks or longer to respond to some accommodation requests during peak registration times.