NOVA is now 100% DIRECT LENDING. Loans are money that you or your parent borrows and repays with interest. Education loans are offered at low interest rates and have long repayment terms. Some loans require a demonstration of need; others do not.
Borrowers at NOVA will be borrowing through the Direct Loan Program.
Note: Students must sign in using their own Federal Student Aid PIN to complete Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Notes (MPNs).
Parents must sign in using their own Federal student Aid PIN to complete PLUS Master Promissory Notes (MPNs) and PLUS Loan Requests.
When selecting the “School and Loan Information”, please use Northern Virginia Community College ONLY.
Northern Virginia Community College does not process paper Master Promissory Notes for Direct Loans.
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note Borrowers at NOVA will be borrowing through the Direct Loan Program.
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
If you haven't previously received a loan, you must complete entrance counseling before your school can make the first disbursement of your loan. This helps you to understand your responsibilities regarding your loan. Complete this counseling online.
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling. Click on Account Information.
- A Department of Education Issued PIN will be required for access to all services
- Direct Loan Account Information
- Direct Loan Repayment
- Direct Consolidation Loans
- How to Accept/Decline Your Student Award in NOVAConnect
- Plus Loan MPN
- Direct Loan Annual & Aggregate Loan Limits
Students who have already received a Stafford (Unsub /Sub) loan disbursement at NOVA during the Fall 2008 or Spring 2009, should not complete a promissory note.
NOVA is now 100% DIRECT LENDING.