View the most commonly asked questions by clicking on the specific question below.
- Do I have to provide my Social Security number on college forms?
- Are my school records private?
- How can I get a copy of the College Catalog?
- How do I view the application form?
- Is it possible to register online for classes?
- How can I find out if a class is full?
- Can I get my grades online?
- How can I get a copy of my transcripts?
- Can I pay for my tuition through a Payment Plan?
- Can I check out NOVA library books online?
- How do I find out about orientation?
- Does NOVA have any clubs or sports?
- Can I buy my books online?
- How do I get my NOVACard?
- How do I get my parking permit?
- Will NOVA give me an email account?
- Where can I find more information about the College?
Your Social Security number is not required. NOVA provides all students with a new Student ID through NOVAConnect that is used for registration and as a student identifier. Failure to provide a Social Security number, however, may limit or delay access to services where the number is required by federal or state law (e.g., tax reporting, financial aid).
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects your records. Under this law, your parents and you have the right to inspect and review your records and request that a school correct records they believe are misleading. Schools must also receive written permission from your parent or you in order to release your record information under most conditions. Learn more.
College Catalogs are available through all NOVA Student Services Centers, the Call Center by calling 703.323.3000, or online.
The application form is available online on the top right of the NOVA home page. Click on Apply Now.
Yes, you can register for classes with NOVAConnect.
Log in to NOVAConnect and complete a class search. The number of seats available will be included in the information.
Yes! You can view your grades through NOVAConnect. There is an online tutorial to help you with the steps.
Request a free copy of your transcripts:
- Through NOVAConnect, select Self-Service, then select Official Transcript and follow the directions.
- If you have not enrolled since 2003 or you no longer have access to your NOVAConnect account, then you must fax a signed request to the College Records Office. The request form can be downloaded from www.nvcc.edu/forms, Request for Official Transcript. The process takes seven to 10 business days -- you can check the status of your request after three days by contacting your Student Services Center.
- Fax your form to:
- Alexandria: 703.845.6046
- Annandale: 703.813.6022
- Loudoun: 703.404.7304
- Manassas: 703.257.6565
- Medical: 703.822.6624
- Woodbridge: 703.878.5692
- Alexandria Campus -- 703.845.6333
- Annandale Campus -- 703.323.3400
- Loudoun Campus -- 703.450.2501
- Manassas Campus -- 703.257.6620
- Medical Campus -- 703.822.6531
- Woodbridge Campus -- 703.878.5760
Yes. NOVA’s Tuition Payment Plan allows students to pay their tuition in monthly, interest-free installments for a small non-refundable enrollment fee. Visit the Payment Methods & Deadline website for details.
Yes. You can search for and reserve library books, eBooks, DVDs and more online through NOVA’s Libraries website.
The New Student Orientation section of the NOVA website provides details on registration for sessions, campus locations and contact numbers.
Yes. You will find links to a variety of fun activities, clubs, sports teams and intramural sports programs available at NOVA through NOVA’s Student Life website.
You can conveniently purchase textbooks, apparel and more online through each of the six NOVA campus bookstores.
Go to any NOVACard Office on any of NOVA’s six campuses to get a NOVACard. Students will need to provide proof of enrollment, current schedule of classes or a receipt and a government issued photo ID. Your NOVACard is your official Northern Virginia Community College Identification Card.
All students (full- and part-time) must display a permit on vehicles parked on campus unless they use pay parking. Permits are required during every semester, including the summer, and are valid for one semester only. You can purchase your parking permit online.
As a registered NOVA student, NOVA will provide you with an email account through the Virginia Community College System. You will also be set up with a location to publish your personal Web pages. You can access the Web on campus, in most computer labs and in each campus library.
Still have questions? Contact us.