Returning NOVA Students
Do you have credits to transfer to NOVA? Visit Transfer Students.
Follow This Step-by-Step Checklist to Get Started:
- To protect your privacy, instructors may only use a student's official NOVA email address.
- You will receive updates on course changes and other pertinent information through your NOVA email account.
Most new students should take the English and math placement tests.
- Tests are given at each campus Testing Center.
- Photo ID and Student ID (found on your NOVACard) are required.
- Allow approximately two hours for each test.
You are encouraged to speak with a counselor before enrolling for classes. A counselor can help you select a major, identify the classes you need to take, get financial aid, evaluate potential careers and more.
Print a copy of your enrollment schedule from NOVAConnect, or call 703.323.3770 or 703.330.3770 (Prince William County) to check your classes and payment status.
- Verify that you are enrolled in the correct courses.
- Print a copy of your enrollment schedule every time you make a change.
Print your schedule of classes and take it to your campus bookstore or buy your books online.
You can buy your parking permit online through Parking Services using your credit card 24 hours after you enroll for classes. You can also pay for a permit by cash or check at any of the campus Parking Services offices.
- Parking permits are required for all semesters/sessions of enrollment.
- Permits are required for all vehicles parked in all lots (except parking meters and hourly pay lots).
- Student permits are valid only in "B" lots.
- To use the parking garages at the Annandale and Medical Education Campuses, you must have a NOVACard ID and a parking permit.
- Hourly pay parking is available in the garages for those without a current permit and ID card.