International students may take classes at Northern Virginia Community College while maintaining F-1 status at another college or university. Many students choose to take a few classes during the summer session or even during the spring or fall semesters while continuing to study full time at the school that issued their I-20. These students are sometimes called transient, guest or visiting students.
If you would like to study at NOVA as a transient student, please follow these steps:
1. Complete the NVCC Admission Application online.
This will create a student ID number for you.
2. Go to the Student Services Center at the campus where you plan to study.
Bring the following documents with you:
- I-20 from your current school
- I-797 Notice of Action if you have previously changed status
- A recent letter from the school where you normally study confirming that you are currently in F-1 status.