Intensive English Program
Follow the step-by-step checklist below to apply to the College and request an I-20 form. Students who are eligible for the associate's degree programs begin in the fall and spring semesters.
1. Apply Online
Step 1 of the application will ask "In what type of class will you be enrolling?". You will be given the options Non Credit or Credit. You should mark Non Credit. Apply online.
2. I-20 Application Form
Download, complete, print and sign the I-20 application form.
3. Download our F-1 Financial Statement Form
4. Bank Statement
See Financial Documents for more information.
NOTE: If your sponsor is a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, he or she may submit form I-134 as proof of funds. Please see the Affidavit of Support (I-134) site for more information.
5. Proof of Completion of Secondary Education
Provide evidence that you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. If the documentation is not in English, you need to submit an official English translation. Please do not send original diplomas or certificates as we cannot return them to you.(NOTE: If the documentation is not in English, you need to submit an official English translation.)
- Certified copy of your secondary school diploma or certificate equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma OR
- Evidence of your attendance in college or university level studies.
- Participants in a J-1 Au Pair or Summer Work Travel program may demonstrate that they have met this requirement by providing a copy of your DS-2019.
- If you are currently still in high school but will graduate soon, please ask your school to provide an official letter stating the date by which you will complete your studies. You must complete your secondary education before you begin classes at NOVA.
Provide a photocopy of your passport ID page.
F-1 Transfer Students:
Please include a copy of your current I-20
Change of Status Students:
Please include a copy of your current visa, current I-94 and any immigration documentation you have for your current status (i.e. DS-2019 if in J-1 status, I-797 if previous change of status)
NOTE: Application Deadlines for F-1 Transfer and Change of Status Students:
Please contact OISS.
All forms and documents should be mailed or delivered directly to the Office of International Student Services no later than the deadline.
After the Office of International Student Services reviews your documents and determines that you have met all the requirements, the I-20 will be issued. Based on the information you provided on your I-20 Application Form, we will mail your I-20 to you or call you to let you know when it is ready to pick up.