To qualify for financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program of study.
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing.
- Not be in default on a federal educational loan or owe a repayment to a federal grant.
State and federally funded aid programs require:
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent residency, Asylee or refugee status
- Virginia residency (state funds only)
- Federal school code for NOVA 003727
- Need-based financial aid is not available to international students, although many students can qualify for loans without demonstrating need.
- Credits for audited courses do not count in any financial aid eligibility calculation.
- Most courses taken through the Extended Learning Institute may qualify for financial aid eligibility.
- All financial aid programs require placement in an eligible degree or certificate curriculum.