- What is Online Verification?
- The online verification interview is a detailed Web-based interview process similar to TurboTax that will guide you through the process by asking key questions about your household size, family members in college, essential tax information and the financial aid process. This format leads to simpler forms and fewer, but relevant questions. The online interview features clearer instructions and more accurate information and allows you to provide more information over a shorter period of time. It also includes electronic signature (e-sign) submission, which will reduce the need to print and submit most of the documents.
- What is Financial Aid Services and what should I expect?
NOVA has contracted with Financial Aid Services (FAS) to help you complete the verification of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
FAS will be contacting you and requesting the data needed to complete the required verification. Please watch for emails from verification@SSCwp.org and respond as quickly as possible.
You will be able to track what is needed and can possibly complete most of this verification work on the FAS Verification website. Watch for emails from FAS and check your account often at SSCwp.org until you are notified that your verification has been finalized. Your prompt response to all requests will accelerate the review of your request for financial aid for 2014-2015.
- What are e-forms?
- Starting with the 2014-2015 financial aid award year, NOVA financial aid will transition to the use of online based forms (e-forms). These forms will be available via the NOVA Financial Aid Dashboard, there will be a direct link to a student's My NOVA To Do List and will require your electronic signature. The conversion of the forms to e-forms is happening over time. It is important to note that the use of e-forms will greatly increase the financial aid office's ability to process FAFSA applications.
- Where can I find and complete an e-form for financial aid?
- The online forms are available to students via the E-Forms Dashboard, which can be accessed via the NOVA website and a secure login. Once students have logged in to the dashboard, they can access their To Do List as seen in My Nova; however, the online forms will be directly linked to the e-form version, and students will then have the option to complete and submit the forms via the dashboard portal. In regard to forms that are not in e-form format yet, students will be directed to the College Forms Library to download, complete and submit them.
- Will I still be able to access the Financial Aid Forms page?
- The most noticeable change will be to the financial aid forms page. This page will now serve as the launch page to the Financial Aid Dashboard; where students can log in to view, complete and submit requested financial aid forms. In addition, this page will host video tutorials on how to access and use this system. Please continue to check the financial aid page of the NOVA website and your NOVA email for updates as this process moves forward. This process may be a challenging adjustment in the beginning, but keep in mind that it will greatly improve the financial aid application process and reduce the time it takes for students to view and accept their financial aid award.
- How do I access the Financial Aid Dashboard?
- You can access the Financial Aid Dashboard from the Financial Aid landing page. Once you are on this page, you will have the option to log in to the Financial Aid Dashboard by reading the directions and clicking on the link in the middle of the page. You will be able to access the Financial Aid Dashboard with your same VCCS login information. If you wish to proceed directly to your online verification interview, you can select the Online Verification Interview button in the center column. Additionally, you can access the Financial Aid Support Center or important additional financial aid information via the links at the bottom of the page.
- How do I navigate the Financial Aid Dashboard?
- Once you have completed the sign-in using your VCCS email and password you will be asked to confirm the dashboard user agreement and to confirm your mailing address. The Financial Aid Dashboard landing page will appear. Once you reach this page you can make any of these four selections:
- My Financial Aid
Select this option to view your To Do List and to complete any required forms. In addition, please review your financial aid for updates or any additional requested information.
- Forms History
Select this option to see a history of any submitted forms by aid year. You can also check the status of those submitted forms.
- Pending/Draft Forms
Select this option to continue with any e-forms that you may have saved prior to submission. Any e-form that has been saved can be accessed via this link.
- Student Appeal Forms
Select this option to complete and submit the appeal form. Depending on the type of appeal, you may need to print and sign or you will be able to submit it electronically. Please read and follow all directions very carefully to avoid a delay in the review of your appeal request.