Managing Your Email
Creating Personal Folders and using the Rules Wizard can help you organize and manage your email. Microsoft Outlook allow you to create folders to organize your email and provide you with the tools to direct your email to those specific folders based on the email content. To create a personal folder, open Microsoft Outlook and do the following:
- Click you INBOX folder under All Folders to be sure it is expanded.
- Return to the Toolbar and select FILE, FOLDER, NEW FOLDER.
- When the dialog box appears, enter the name for the folder in the NAME box; click OK.
- If the following message appears - WOULD YOU LIKE A SHORTCUT TO THIS FOLDER ADDED TO YOUR OUTLOOK BAR - answer YES.
You can now see the new folder under the inbox folder. To create rules to have Outlook automatically move email into selected folders, do the following:
- From the Outlook Toolbar, select TOOLS, RULES AND ALERTS.
- Click on the SERVER choice
- When the dialog box opens, click on NEW RULE.
- Select - MOVE MESSAGES WITH SPECIFIC WORDS IN THE SUBJECT TO A FOLDER.
- Complete the RULES DESCRIPTION box and click NEXT.
- Choose Which Condition You Want To Check; click FINISH.
Follow the same procedure for each folder in which you wish to direct email. All rules you create are listed in the Rules Wizard window box.