Record Your Grades
All instructors will enter student grades through My NOVA.
- The "W" grade will automatically be entered if students withdraw themselves within the withdrawal period (after census and before the last date to withdraw). Instructors cannot enter a "W" grade.
- Instructors cannot enter a grade of “I” for Incomplete. Contact your Division Office for procedures and forms.
- Students enrolled in regular session classes, cannot withdraw themselves after the 60% date (last date to withdraw with a “W” grade).
- If students withdraw from a dynamic session class after the official withdrawal period, an "F" grade will automatically be entered.
- When recording a grade of "R" or "F" or "U," you will be required to enter the last date that the student attended. You may use a placeholder date if you don't know the exact date when the student stopped attending:
- If the student stopped attending , but you do not know the date, use 01/01/1900.
- If the student completed the entire class, you may use the last date of the class or 12/31/9999. You can look up the official last date of your class in self-service>faculty center>my schedule.
After entering the grades and saving them, faculty should print and sign a copy of the completed grade roster to keep for your own records. Please check with your Division Office to determine if they want a signed copy.
- Log into NOVAConnect by clicking MyNOVA on the NOVA homepage.
- Click on Student Information System.
- Click Self-Service>Faculty Center>My Schedule
- Note: Your teaching schedule for the designated term will be displayed. To change the term that is displayed, click the change term Drop-down menu and select the term you want. Also, do not use the Grade Roster link under Faculty Center. Use My Schedule to access your grade rosters.
- Click the Grade Roster icon at the left of the class row:
- Your Final Grade Roster will now be displayed.
- Be sure that the Grade Roster Type indicates FINAL GRADE.
- Use the drop-down menu in the Roster Grade column to choose a grade for each student.
- After the grades are entered, click Save
IMPORTANT: Do not change the Approval Status. It must remain as NOT REVIEWED
- You do not have to enter all you grades at once. If you have a large class, it is recommended that you SAVE each time you have entered 5-10 grades. If you get an error about the last day of attendance, go back and record the LDA and save.
- You can leave grades blank. You can go back later and enter them.
- Grades must be entered by the grade deadline. You will receive instructions from the Executive Vice President.
- Grades may not be entered in My NOVA between midnight and 6:00 a.m.
- After you enter grades, students will not see them on their record until the Grade Batch Posting program runs. The program will run between midnight and 6:00 a.m.
- Once a grade is posted to a student’s record, it cannot be changed on the roster. Contact the Division Office for instructions.
- All questions should be directed to your Dean or Division Office.