Home > Faculty & Staff > Technology > NOVAConnect > NOVAConnect Tutorials > Access Academic Advising > Advisor Center Quick Guide
Advisor Center Quick Guide
Click to Print
- Log into NOVAConnect by clicking MyNOVA on the NOVA home page.
- Click VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
- Click Self Service.
- Click Advisor Center.
- Click My Advisees.
- Click on View Student Details for the advisee of your choice.
If you are advising a student who is not listed as your advisee, click on View Data for Other Students and enter the Student's ID.
In either case, this will take you to the Advisee's Student Center with the student's name indicated. The information on these pages is exactly what the student can see when they go to their own Student Center.
6B.- Academic Advisement Report
- Click on My Class Schedule - to view the student's class schedule.
- Click on Shopping Cart - to view the classes the student may have placed in his/her shopping cart in preparation for enrollment.
- Click on My Planner - to view classes the student may have placed in his/her student planner in preparation for enrollment or to use in course planning for the degree or certificate in which he/she is placed.
Go to the other academic field, use the down pointing arrow and select Academic Requirements and click the Go button .
The Advisee Requirements for each certificate or degree plan in which the student is placed will be shown on these pages. Each plan includes the following:
(Note: ARG#xxxx and AR#xxxxx designations are for internal use only.)
- Important Information Notes
- Plan Introduction
- Plan Requirements for Catalog Year (Requirement Term) from student record
- General Education Requirements
- Plan Specific Requirements
- Residence Requirement
- Plan GPA
- Cumulative GPA and estimated graduation honors
- Unused Courses
Satisfied requirements are collapsed, requirements that are not satisfied are expanded. Click expand all to see all requirements and details.
Click view report as pdf to view a print version of the Advisement Report. The following additional information is included on the PDF version:
- Course History by Term
- Test Scores
- Student Groups
- Transcript Summary
- Other Information in Advisee's Student Center
- Personal Information - mailing address, phone #, VCCS Student E-mail
Demographic Data - Citizenship and Visa Permit Data
- Holds - Negative such as financial debts, academic standing such as probation or suspension; Positive such as Dual Enrollment Contract
- To Do List - Financial Aid information that students must complete
- Milestones - Member of PTK or Honors Core Curriculum
- Enrollment Dates - Appointment dates for enrollment or open enrollment dates
- Advisor - assigned advisor(s)
Click Details link for additional information.
- Additional tabs within the Advisor Center provide student record information such as transfer credit and academic details such as Primary Program and Plan, Approved Academic Load, Term Statistics, etc.