Virginia’s Department of Minority Business Enterprises (DMBE) is the state agency dedicated to increasing participation of small, women- and minority-owned businesses in the state’s procurement opportunities. DMBE is responsible for the administration of the Small, Women and Minority-Owned (SWaM) Procurement Initiative.
NOVA’s own SWaM program supports DMBE’s initiative. Our SWaM program includes:
- Submission of the annual SWaM Plan
- Monitoring and reporting NOVA’s weekly SWaM spend with eVA vendors
- Evaluating the progress of meeting the college’s SWaM goals
- Planning and participating in diversity outreach events and workshops
- Encouraging vendor registration in the DMBE/SWaM program
- Providing training on SWaM policies and procedures for college faculty and staff
All transactions under $5,000 are to be purchased from DMBE/SWaM-certified small business vendors.
Effective immediately, all NOVA faculty and staff are required to use these Reportable Object Codes when submitting purchase requisitions in eVA. This policy is part of an initiative to raise the College’s SWaM participation; discretionary funds are based on these Reportable Object Codes. Requisitions that do not use these codes will be changed in the approval process. This will result in a processing delay of your orders.
DMBE SWaM (Department of Minority Business Enterprise/Small, Women & Minority Owned) Search Engines:
- Virginia.gov DMBE SWaM Vendor Search
- University of Virginia DMBE Swam Vendor Search
- James Madison University SWaM Vendor Search