To create your website, you will need to create it on your computer using a Web editor and then publish it to your web folder.
Composer (part of the SeaMonkey suite) is a free web editor. No knowledge of HTML is needed. Composer has a functional FTP capability that will transfer only html and image files to your NOVA web folder. To transfer files, such as music, movies, or presentations, you will need to download Core FTP.
Downloading Composer For Windows
- Click on the bottom link.
- Click on the Windows, English link. Choose a location to save it, preferably to your desktop.
- Navigate to your downloaded file and double click to run it.
- Follow the prompted directions to install it.
For Mac OS X
- Go to http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/.
- Click the Mac OS X link to download it. By default, the file is downloaded to your desktop.
- Double-click on the .dmg file, and drag the SeaMonkey icon onto your hard disk.
- It is recommended that you copy it to the Applications folder.
- Now eject the disk image.
- If you like, you can drag SeaMonkey to your dock to have it easily accessible at all times.
Run the SeaMonkey application. On the toolbar, click on Window and then Composer. Composer will now load and you will be able to create a webpage.