As Needed Tasks: View Employee Personal and Job Data
- Click the Manager Self Service link.
- Click the Job and Personal Information link.
- Click the View Employee Personal Info link.
- Enter the date you want to view information from. The default is always the current date.
- Click the Continue button. Clicking on Continue will show you a listing of all of the employees in your reporting structure.
- Note: A list of all employees that report to you will appear.
- Click the option for an employee.
- Click the Continue button.
- Note: Here you can view the employee's information. You cannot change any information in the employee record.
Using the HRMS, supervisors/managers now have the ability to look-up an employee’s home telephone, address, personal email account, emergency contact information, etc., in order to make appropriate business contact with the employee.
However, with this access comes personal responsibility and liability and liability to the College. Therefore, each supervisor/manager is advised that this information is highly confidential and is to be properly safeguarded. In addition, inappropriate use of this information may result in formal disciplinary action which can include termination from NOVA.
College supervisors/managers should become familiar with the College’s policy on disclosing employee information to others outside of our institution. This information is covered in detail in NOVA Classified Handbook (chapter 12) and the Faculty Handbook (policy 3.12). This policy also addresses the issue of employment verifications, who is required and who is not required to respond to employment verifications, and the responsibility of NOVA as the official record keeper of employee personnel data.
If you have questions regarding the appropriate use of employee information, do not hesitate to contact the Director of Human Resources.