COLLEGE-WIDE COURSE CONTENT SUMMARY
ART 230 – MULTIMEDIA II(3 CR.)
Extends the student's knowledge base and skills concerning multimedia design. Concentrates on the development of well-designed and integrated multimedia portfolio projects. Introduces the students to advanced multimedia techniques. Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 2 hours. Total 4 hours per week.
General Course Purpose
This course will build on the studies completed in Multimedia Design I. Intermediate skills and techniques are applied to create more advanced multimedia projects using current multimedia software.
Prerequisites are ART 130 Multimedia I and ART 131 Fundamentals of Design I.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Major Topics to be Included
- Design multimedia projects using diverse digital media
- Edit sound files and incorporate them into multimedia projects
- Demonstrate advanced conceptual and aesthetic principles involved in creating multimedia
- Develop technical skills using current multimedia software
- Understand and use advance terminology regarding multimedia design
- Multiple tools and techniques using current design software
- Application of text, graphics, animation, sound, and video into a cohesive work of multimedia
- Discussion of multimedia concepts and design
- Script progression and continuity
- Visual effects
- Use of real time, delayed time, and recorded time
- Video as document
- Video's relationship to other media and practices
- Critiques and work presentation