Search for Class
- Log into NOVAConnect by clicking My NOVA on the NOVA home page.
- Click VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
- Click Self Service.
- Click Class Search/Browse Catalog.
- Choose Northern Virginia Community College as your institution.
- Select the appropriate term.
- Click Go.
- On the next page, enter your Search Criteria. The less specific your criteria are, the more results you will get. The more results you get, the longer it will take for your search to be completed. To reduce the amount of time it takes to complete the search, enter more specific criteria.
- Enter the Course Subject. The Course Subject should be a three-letter abbreviation for Credit classes and a four-letter abbreviation for non-credit classes. If you aren't sure which abbreviation to use, click the select subject button to choose from a list.
- Enter the Course Number.
- Choose a Course Career. (Your course career will probably be either Credit or Non-Credit.)
- If you would like NOVAConnect to only show you courses that are still open, check Show Open Classes Only.
- If your would like NOVAConnect to only show you courses with Open Entry/Exit, click Show Open Entry/Exit Classes Only.
- To enter additional search criteria, such as campus or location, click the Additional Search Criteria heading to expand the search window and display more search options.
- Click Search. The classes that meet your criteria will be displayed on the next page.
- If your search will return more than 50 results, you will see a warning message indicating that. If you choose to continue the search, it may take so long for the search to complete that your session will time out before your results appear on the screen. You can either take your chances and continue the search or:
- Click cancel
- Make your search criteria more specific
- Click search again
- When your results are displayed on the next page, the classes will typically appear in a list that includes three sections. An expanded list is below. To view more, select the View All Sections link, which will expand the list to the number on the right.
Note: In some situations, the class list repeats. When this happens, the user needs to scroll only through the first set since the others are duplicates.
Click Self Service in the navigation menu on the left to return to the menu.