Home > Current Students > Technology > NOVAConnect > Outage Announcements
- On Thurs., March 21, Blackboard will be switched to SSL (HTTPS). Once the process is complete, you may see this message when you log on to Blackboard ‘This page contains both secure and non-secure items’. This message indicates that the switch to SSL (HTTPS) was successful. You may proceed past this notification to your Blackboard account without concern.
- On May 13, 2013 faculty will be unable to post any grades in SIS from 7:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. during the emergency outage of SIS. During this time, engineers will be working to resolve student payment posting issues.
- Beginning Sat., March 2, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. and ending Sun., March 3, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.,VCCS will be performing maintenance to the SIS and HR application server. As a result, SIS (Student Information System) and HR (VCCS HRMS) applications will not be available during this scheduled 15-hour maintenance window. All other VCCS applications are expected to be available.
- Sun., Jan. 20 between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., the VCCS will be performing maintenance to the SIS and HR application server. As a result, Student Information System (SIS) and HR (VCCS HRMS) applications will not be available during this time. All other VCCS applications should be available.
- Thurs., Nov. 15 between midnight and 2:00 a.m., VCCS will be migrating to new Load Balancers to improve the flow of network traffic. At any time during the course of this two-hour maintenance window, any VCCS application - including Blackboard, SIS, AIS, etc. - may be unavailable.
- Thurs., Oct. 18 between midnight and 4:00 a.m., VCCS engineers will be adding an additional application server. As a result, SIS (Student Information System) and HR (VCCS HRMS) applications will not be available during this scheduled four-hour maintenance window. All other VCCS applications should be available.
- Mon., Sept. 10, Maintenance on the NOVAConnect: SIS servers has been completed. All services in NOVAConnect: SIS are available.
- Sat., Sept. 8 at 7:00 p.m. until Sun., Sept. 9 at 10:30 a.m., NOVAConnect: SIS Outage - the Student Information System (NOVAConnect: SIS) and HR applications will be unavailable during the maintenance outage. Blackboard and student email will be available.
- Thurs., Aug. 30 between midnight and 4:00 a.m., Blackboard will be unavailable while engineers complete server changes.
- Thurs., June 7 between midnight and 4:00 a.m., All services hosted by the VCCS, including, SIS, Blackboard, My VCCS, Wizard, etc. will be unavailable during the standard outage window on while maintenance is being performed on the VCCS WAN.
- Tues., April 17 between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., SIS/HR DEVL will be down for refresh from production.
- Fri., March 23 until Mon., March 26, NOVA’s Student Information System, NOVAConnect, will be unavailable. The Student Information System is being upgraded to the latest version throughout the Virginia Community College System during this time.
- Fri., March 16, NOVA’s Student Information System, NOVAConnect, is available.