Home > Current Students > Technology > NOVAConnect > Important Information
- When you are ready to make a payment go to QuickPAY. Check your your NOVA student email for updates or visit the QuikPAY tutorials.
- Be sure to disable your popup blocker when using SIS 9.0: NOVAConnect for Advising.
- When logging into NOVAConnect, make sure letters in your password are case sensitive.
- Default passwords are not secure. If you are still using the default password initially provided to you (your birth date), please go to the Change Password page.
- Do not attempt to use any functionality under "My Academics" until further notice. Despite appearances, these functionalities are not yet working properly.
- Students can no longer access their old Degree Progress Report and the new one (which will have a different name) is not yet functional.
- The new features in SIS for My Requirements/Academic Requirements are not fully functional at this time. In addition, Plan/My Planner are also not fully functional at this time. Do not use these pages to enroll in classes or add courses to your shopping cart or planner. TO ENROLL IN CLASSES FOR SUMMER 2012 AND/OR FALL 2012, GO TO SELF-SERVICE>STUDENT CENTER>ACADEMICS AND CLICK ON ENROLL.
- Former NOVA students who have not taken credit classes within the last three years need to complete the online application to update their information before they can enroll in courses. This also applies to students who applied but did not take classes. You may also contact a campus Student Services Center for assistance if you have difficulty completing the online application for re-admission.
- If you are directed to contact a System Administrator, College Registrar or Central Records Office, you should contact a Student Services Center on one of the campuses.
- Only credit card payments made through the NOVAConnect Web will receive an automatic refund to the credit card if a class is dropped or canceled. All refunds for payments NOT made on the Web are by check and sent to you by mail within a few weeks of the "last day for tuition refund" date.
- To register for any Continuing Education courses, contact the appropriate Continuing Education Office or use the shopping cart feature on the campus Continuing Education websites to register for Continuing Education courses.
- NOVAConnect requires that if you use Microsoft Internet Explorer to connect to NOVAConnect, you must use Browser Version 6.0 or newer. Recent versions of Firefox, Netscape, and Safari can be used.
- Users must check and reset user preferences to be sure NVCC is in the institution box and the term is the current one!
- Be sure to click on the class detail icon on the right side of each class listing before you register for the class. It will show details available online for the class.
- For faculty, to see an advisee’s Degree Progress Report, choose Self Service > Advisor Center > My Advisees. Choose your student from the list shown or, if your student is not on the list, select Other Student Information and enter the student’s ID number when prompted. This will give you the same DPR that you're accustomed to using in Version 8.9. Do not use the "print" button on the report; if you want to print the DPR, use the web page "print" icon.