Browsers and Plug-Ins
Blackboard can be accessed using most Web browsers. View a list of supported browsers to make sure that you are using a Blackboard certified browser. NOTE: Cookies and JAVA Script must be enabled within the Web browser.
Some software plug-ins may need to be installed on your computer depending on the course content. Here are a few examples:
- Acrobat Reader – Allows you to view PDF files.
- Apple QuickTime – Allows you to play online audio and video content.
- Flash Player – Allow you to view some embedded multimedia files.
- Java – Many tools in Blackboard requires Java to run.
- Silverlight – An alternative to Flash Player, allows you to view some embedded multimedia files.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Viewer – Allow you to view Microsoft's Word, Excel and PowerPoint files if you do not own the programs. Do NOT install if you already have these programs on your computer.