Home > Current Students > Technology > Blackboard > Blackboard Availability and Announcements
Blackboard Availability and Announcements
- Engineers will be upgrading the Web Load Balancers on Oct. 3 at 12:01 a.m. During the upgrade all Web applications including, but not limited to Blackboard, SIS, AIS, QUINN, HR, MyVCCS, Wizard and Online App will be unavailable. The upgrade is estimated to take less than two hours to complete.
- Blackboard will be unavailable on Thurs., June 13 from midnight to 4 a.m. for maintenance work. Engineers are implementing a fix for a Blackboard bug.
- Thurs., June 6 between 12:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m., VCCS will be performing maintenance on the Blackboard server. As a result, Blackboard and learn.vccs.edu will not be available during this time. However, all other VCCS applications should work.
- Blackboard will be upgraded and unavailable from Fri., May 17 at 6 p.m. until Sat., May 18 at approximately 6 a.m. During this same time, more Google Apps will be made available to your student account.
- Thurs., April 11, between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. the VCCS was unable to complete last week’s scheduled Blackboard maintenance. As a result, Blackboard, and its direct link learn.vccs.edu will not be available during this four-hour outage window. All other VCCS applications are expected to be available.
- Thurs., April 4, between 12 a.m. and 4 a.m., VCCS network engineers will be performing maintenance on the Blackboard System. As a result, Blackboard, and its direct link learn.vccs.edu will not be available during this four-hour outage window. All other VCCS applications are expected to be available.
- Thurs., March 21, Blackboard will be switched to SSL (HTTPS). Once the process is complete, you may see this message when you log on to Blackboard ‘This page contains both secure and non-secure items’. This message indicates that the switch to SSL (HTTPS) was successful. You may proceed past this notification to your Blackboard account without concern.
- Tues., Jan. 29 - VCCS has reported that users may have difficulty logging into Blackboard, and, those who are logged in may experience slowness. VCCS engineers are working on a fix.
- Thurs., Nov. 29 between midnight and 4:00 a.m., VCCS network engineers will continue their migration to new enterprise Load Balancers. During this four-hour maintenance window, any VCCS application (as well as the My NOVA portal itself) including Blackboard, SIS, AIS, etc. may be unavailable.
- Sat., Nov. 17 at noon until Sun., Nov. 18 at 2:00 p.m., The Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack (SP9) Upgrade is scheduled. Blackboard and learn.vccs.edu will be unavailable during this time. All other VCCS applications are expected to be available.
- Thurs., Oct. 11 between midnight and 4:00 a.m., VCCS engineers will be performing maintenance on Blackboard system servers. As a result, Blackboard and its direct link https://learn.vccs.edu will be unavailable during this four-hour scheduled outage.
- Sun., Sept. 9 at 11:00 p.m., There was an enrollment issue on the Blackboard servers that resulted in the system hiding some courses from students who were enrolled in them until the problem was resolved at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning.
- Thurs., Aug. 30 between 12:01 a.m. and 4:00 a.m., Blackboard will be unavailable while engineers complete some server changes.