If you need help with a specific class, visit one of NOVA’s tutoring centers. All NOVA campuses provide tutoring services absolutely free to any current NOVA student. Tutoring services help many students succeed in the classroom. Tutoring is not a remedial service, but it plays a key role in academic success.
Some benefits to tutoring:
- Understand lectures and reading material
- Prepare you for tests
- Develop a learning style or good study habits
- Improve attitude toward the subject area
- Provide intensive practice for skills and knowledge
- Improve self-confidence
For detailed information about the services and hours offered at each campus, please contact the individual tutoring centers.
For help with reading and writing, visit a campus Writing/Reading Center:
For help with math, visit a campus Math Center:
- Annandale - Tutoring is available for all math, science, engineering, accounting and statistics courses.
- Woodbridge - Tutoring is available in all math related disciplines. Be sure to check the Center hours for specific tutoring times.
For peer one-on-one tutoring help, visit a campus Tutoring Center:
Contact your local campus tutoring center or if you are taking distance learning courses, visit the Extended Learning Institute’s website.
Bisdorf Building, Room AA 229
Godwin Building, 4th Floor