Testing Center Information
All NOVA campus Testing Centers stay open for all posted hours and will make every attempt to have the test you need, when you need it. Be sure to leave yourself enough time to do well and leave us enough time to serve you well.
General Testing Procedures
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited in the Testing Center. Any use of a cell phone or other electronic communication device will be considered cheating.
- A current picture ID and Student ID number are required to take any exam in the Testing Center.
Examples: Driver's License, military ID, a passport, a personal identification card from DMV, a NOVACard Photo ID or green card.
- Use NOVAConnect to find your Student ID number and bring this number with you to the Testing Center. Computers are available in the Campus Libraries, Student Services Centers and Open Computer Lab to look up Student ID numbers and print exam passes.
- All placement exams must be started at least 2 hours prior to closing.
- All other exams including ELI tests and instructor referred makeup tests must be started at least 60 minutes prior to closing.
- Allow adequate time for all exams. All exams must be completed and will be collected 15 minutes before closing.
- Only one test will be administered at a time. Students requiring multiple tests must go to the end of the line after each test.
- For liability and safety purposes, do not bring children to the Testing Center.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing area.
- Please take care of parking before coming to the Testing Center. You must have a parking permit or pay to park.
NOTE: ESL Placement Test scores are valid for one year. English and Math Placement Test scores are valid for two years.
For specific procedures for taking ELI Tests, Instructor Referred Makeup Tests and Proctored Tests for Other Schools, click on the links below:
- ELI tests must be started no later than 60 minutes prior to closing.
- An ELI test pass is required to test.
- There is no time limit for ELI tests, however please allow sufficient time to complete testing. Also, Blackboard tests time out after three hours.
- NOVA faculty may have Instructor Referred Makeup Tests available in their campus Testing Center for those students who have missed an exam in class.
- To avoid computer viruses, instructors must provide any portable memory devices if they are necessary for testing.
- Instructor Referred Makeup Tests must be started no later than 60 minutes prior to closing.
- Testing Centers only administer faculty makeup tests for courses taught on their own campus.
- Testing Centers do not administer makeup exams once the final exam period begins.
- Campus Testing Centers do not proctor retests or whole class testing.
- NOVA faculty may place exams for students with documented disabilities in a campus Testing Center.
- Testing guidelines may vary slightly by campus. Check with your individual campus to obtain a cover sheet for makeup exams.
To Find Your Placement Results Using NOVAConnect
NOVAConnect, the student information system, will show any holds, grades, restrictions, etc.
- Go to www.nvcc.edu
- Click MyNOVA.
- Log on to NOVAConnect by entering your username and password. (If you don’t know your log on information, use the links to find it.)
- Under My Tools, click on VCCS SIS8.9: Student Information System.
- In the Menu box, click Self Service.
- In the Main Self Service Menu, click Transfer Credit.
- Click View Transfer Credit Report.
- To print your results, use the Print-Screen key on the keyboard.
- If you have any questions about your placement results, go to any Student Services Center.