NOVA Police will respond promptly to any report of sexual assault that occurs on any NOVA Campus. Sexual assault or abuse of any kind will not be tolerated at the College. All students, faculty and staff who have been subjected to any form of sexual assault or abuse on campus are encouraged to report the incident to NOVA Police immediately. If the incident occurred off campus, it should be reported to the police department in that jurisdiction. If you need help contacting an external police department you can call the NOVA Police non-emergency line at 703.764.5000. You may also contact NOVA Sexual Assault Services at 703.338.0834 if you need accompaniment to a police station or for further information and support. Please click here to access NOVA’s full Sexual Misconduct Policy.
If a sexual assault does occur, you should:
- Get to a safe place as soon as possible.
- Call 911. Notify NOVA Police at 703.764.5000 if the incident occurred on a NOVA campus. College faculty and staff members can also assist you in reporting an incident.
- Try to preserve all physical evidence. Do not bathe or change clothes.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Contact someone to stay with you and support you. Consider contacting NOVA Sexual Assault Services at 703.338.0834 for information and support.
The following community resources offer free and confidential services and support to those impacted by sexual assault, abuse or violence:
- NOVA Sexual Assault Services
24-Hour Phone Line: 703.338.0834
- Alexandria Sexual Assault Center
24-Hour Hotline: 703.683.7273
- Fairfax County Office for Women & Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
24-Hour Hotline: 703.360.7273
- Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice/LAWS
24-Hour Crisis Line: 703.777.6552
Sexual Assault Services: 703.771.9020
- Sexual Assault Victims' Advocacy Service (SAVAS)
24-Hour Helpline: 703.368.4141